BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Updated with COVID-19 FLEXIBLE POLICY
Own Villa resort hereinafter referred to as “Own Villa”. The paying guest and its entire party hereinafter referred to as “The Guest”. The rental agreement entered between Own Villa and The Guest hereinafter referred to as “The Contract”. The contract is not effective until Own Villa has received the required payment and written confirmation has been sent to The Guest.
– From the 2nd week of January (first Monday) to June 30th (included) – From September 1st to December 20th (included)
– From July 1st to July 31st – Easter Week – Chinese New Year week
– From August 1st to August 31st – From December 20th to the end of the first week of January (the following year)
– Reservations made through Own Villa’s official website www.ownvilla.com or directly by email are automatically confirmed when a deposit payment is made upon booking. A reservation request made without deposit is considered “on hold” and will be confirmed in writing by email between Own Villa and The Guest.
– Own Villa will charge The Guest a deposit payment up to 50% of the total reservation amount at the time of booking.
– The remaining balance shall be settled at check-in time by cash or card payment, unless differently indicated previously in writing by Own Villa. The Hirer must be carrying the required payment method (cash or card) and settle the full balance on the same day of check-in, the date as indicated in the booking confirmation. Failure to do so may result in the instant cancellation of The Guest’s reservation.
– All deposit payments must be made online through Own Villa’s secure payment system (Stripe payment gateway) via The Guest’s card details.
– Payments via bank transfer can be arranged on case to case basis, in agreement with Own Villa by communicating this in writing by email.
– Payments by traveller’s cheque or other cheque currencies is not accepted.
– Any extras consumed by The Guest during the stay at Own Villa will be charged separately at check- out time upon presentation of a check-out invoice.
– In case of last-minute bookings, where it is impractical or very difficult for Own Villa to charge a deposit payment, cash or card payment of the full balance can be accepted at check-in time.
CANCELLATIONS and BOOKING CHANGES
Standard Cancellation Policy
– Reservations cancelled are subject to compensate Own Villa for the loss of other potential bookings that have been turned down.
– Deposit payments made at the time of booking are non-refundable. Own Villa reserves the rights to refund a deposit payment in advance when it feels that the circumstances are rightful of a compensation. In this instance, banking fees may be withheld.
– Booking cancellation within 30 days before arrival is subjected to 50% cancellation fee from the total amount of the booking.
– Booking cancellation less than 30 days before arrival (60 days in case of High or Peak season, including Easter Week and Chinese New Year) is subjected to 100% cancellation fee from the total amount of the booking.
– Final payments are non-refundable.
– In case of cancellation Own Villa must receive notice of cancellation in writing by email. Failure to do so will result in 100% total amount of the booking being charged.
Precise Rate Inclusions will be explained at the time of booking and will be confirmed in the booking confirmation details. Rate inclusions are subjected to change and will be agreed in detail in accordance with The Guest.
NUMBERS IN PARTY AND SUITABILITY
The number of persons occupying the villa property must not exceed the maximum number stated in the booking confirmation. Own Villa reserves the right to refuse any booking, which is in its opinion unsuitable for the property.
EVENTS AND PARTIES
Normal bookings are for vacation purposes and no events/functions can be organised unless previously agreed by Own Villa in writing.
No pets are allowed unless agreed by Own Villa in writing in advance.
DAMAGE OR LOSSES
– The Guest is responsible for leaving the property in good order and in a clean condition, without any missing or broken item. The Guest further undertakes to pay for any damages or losses incurred during occupation.
– Own Villa reserves the right to repossess the property rented if The Guest has caused excessive damage or broken the property terms and conditions.
IMPORTANT: For safety reasons smoking is not allowed in the bedrooms.
LIABILITY / INSURANCE
Own Villa will not accept responsibility for any injury, sickness, loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience, directly or indirectly caused by or arising out of the use of the property, plumbing, gas, electrical or otherwise, and exceptional weather conditions or force majeure. Further, no responsibility is accepted for the personal belongings and valuable items of The Guest or any member of the party during the stay.
During events involving Third Parties: In case of previously agreed events with third parties participating, Own Villa must receive written documents, ensuring that all liability for damage or injuries towards the third party guests participating the event and damage towards the property and its premises will be at The Guests’ sole responsibility.
If The Guest considers that he/she/they has cause for complaints concerning the property, the matter should be taken up by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. In such cases, if Own Villa considers the complaint is valid, a partial refund or compensation may be offered. This will have to be discussed and approved by the relevant personnel and departments and may take several days or weeks to finalize. Own Villa will not entertain claims lodged by The Guest upon departure or after return home when it is no longer possible to investigate the complaint effectively.
For more information about Own Villa please visit us at www.ownvilla.com
Please do not hesitate contacting us for any further enquiries and bookings at email@example.com